|Ohio House of Representatives District 6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Brush High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Akron, B.F.A. (Graphic design)|
Fossaceca's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I’d prefer we place a greater emphasis on helping small and mid-sized companies get off the ground and keep growing (or, as I call it “hitting lots of singles and doubles”). This emphasis on entrepreneurship and innovation will make our state and local economy more sustainable and have the potential to create markets we’ve never even considered tapping."
- Excerpt: "The answer to Ohio’s public education crisis isn’t making one reckless cut after another. It is imperative that our legislators fix the school funding model once and for all, remove the burden of levies from our communities, and begin providing resources for innovative programs to help troubled districts emerge."
- Excerpt: "Government doesn’t need to always be the answer, but it certainly can bridge a gap or act as a catalyst. I’ll be a leader who works hard to get results, and doesn’t ask for all the credit."
- Excerpt: "One of the motivating factors in my decision to run for State Representative, and certainly what will be one of my main areas of emphasis, is finding ways to improve the active participation of citizens in the legislative process."
- Excerpt: "Preventative health measures are not only important, they should become mainstream in Ohio. I support expanding healthcare choices to women by requiring pharmacists to dispense contraceptive drugs if there is a doctor’s prescription provided, preventing insurance companies from limiting or excluding coverage of prescription contraceptive drugs and setting guidelines for schools to teach sex education in the state."
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Anthony Fossaceca was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Marlene Anielski was unopposed in the Republican primary. Anielski and Fossaceca will face off in the general election.
Fossaceca ran in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 6. Fossaceca was unopposed in the March 6 Democratic primary election and was defeated by District 17 incumbent Marlene Anielski (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 6, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Marlene Anielski Incumbent||55.4%||33,675|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Anthony + Fossaceca + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- Ohio General Assembly
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Ohio House of Representatives District 6
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Follow the Money
- callmefoss.com, "Issues," accessed August 21, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 12, 2014
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |