Anthony Williams (Illinois)
|U.S. House, Illinois, District 2|
|Bachelor's||Bishop College, 1979|
|Master's||Lutheran School of Theology, 1990|
Williams stated the following about his political philosophy in an email submission to Ballotpedia:
- Continuing the fight against violence in our community by helping to create jobs and promoting gun control laws
- Creating a committee to help with building business at the Gary/Chicago International Airport which is in part financed by the city of Chicago, thus creating more jobs for our residents and stimulating economy in Gary
- Researching an agricultural program to increase Peotone’s farming district, locally grown produce and promoting Green
- Introduce legislation that will allow for expungement of non-violent felons
- Re-introduce Emergency Disaster Relief Centers that will be used to protect our residents in the event of an emergency, whether natural or warfare
- Bringing infrastructure to much needed areas, thus creating jobs
- Working for a moratorium against foreclosures and the rising cost of energy
- Fighting to reduce the debts of students loans and for better loan terms in the future
He went on to say, "I am vehemently against the proposed Abraham Lincoln National Airport Commission in Peotone, IL. According to the Illinois' Soil Conservation Service (SCS), 90% of Illinois farmland is "prime," meaning it falls into the top two or three categories of soil classification used to grade soils. It is the BEST there is. Only 5% of the soil in the United States has this high rating, and 1/5 of that is in Illinois. Some 9% of all such prime soils in the U.S. lies between Illinois' borders. Building this airport and roads leading to it (proposed Illiana Expressway) will destroy this IRREPLACEABLE rich soil."
Williams ran in the 2013 special election for the U.S. House, representing Illinois' 2nd District. The election was held to replace Jesse Jackson, Jr.. Williams lost in the Democratic primary to Robin Kelly.
|U.S. House, Illinois District 2 Special Democratic Primary, 2013|
|Denise Anita Hill||0%||4|
|Source: Results via Illinois State Board of Elections|
|Illinois' 3rd Congressional District, Democratic primary|
|Poll||Debbie Halvorson||Toi Hutchinson||Robin Kelly||Napoleon Harris||Mel Reynolds||Anthony Beale||Other||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
|Normington-Petts (January 8-10)||16%||12%||8%||7%||7%||5%||5%||40%||+/-4.9||400|
|GBA Strategies (January 3-7)||25%||16%||15%||9%||8%||10%||2%||15%||+/-4.4||500|
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to email@example.com|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Anthony + Williams + Illinois + House + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- [Bio submission to Ballotpedia, January 22, 2013]
- AP.org, "Illinois - Summary Vote Results," accessed February 26, 2013
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |