|New York State Assembly, District 141|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|New York State Senate, District 60|
Thompson was a District Council Member for the Buffalo Common Council in 2001. He then was a delegate for the Electoral College in 2004.
Thompson earned his B.S. in History from the State University of New York College at Brockport. He then attended the Government/Social Change program at the University of Ghana in 1994. Thompson was a Legislative Assistant for the Buffalo Common Council Central Staff in 1996. He then worked as an Executive Director for the Office of Urban Initiatives, Incorporated, in 1998. He is currently a Radio Host for Western New York on the Move.
While a member of the New York State Senate, Thompson served on the following committees:
- Civil Service and Pensions Committee, New York State Senate
- Cultural Affairs, Tourism, Parks and Recreation Committee, New York State Senate
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York State Senate
- Finance Committee, New York State Senate
- Health Committee, New York State Senate
- Insurance Committee, New York State Senate
- Local Government Committee, New York State Senate
- Veterans, Homeland Security and Military Affairs Committee, New York State Senate
Thompson's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Jobs are Antoine’s #1 priority since, under the leadership of current government officials, over 60% of residents in 141st will help develop jobs through his plan to link local and state development projects with NYS Dept. of Labor and BETC. He is also dedicated to establishing year-round youth employment programs."
- Excerpt: "Opportunity for all has been Antoine’s mission all of his adult life. Antoine knows the 141st District needs more livable neighborhoods that are economically and culturally strong and safe. His plan is for a greater investment by the state in neighborhood housing agencies to help with the repair of single and two family homes especially for senior citizens."
- Excerpt: "Business growth is the core of Antoine’s J.O.B.S. plan. As the Assemblyman from the 141st will support small businesses by cutting government red-tape, creating small business loan and grant programs, enforcing local and state MWBE laws, and improving neighborhood business districts."
- Excerpt: "Schools have long been an important focus for Antoine, as children can only succeed when they are part of a strong education program. Antoine believes that smaller class sizes, before and after-school programs, vocational/career technical education programs, restorative justice and increased parental involvement are essential to the future of Buffalo Public Schools. He is determined to secure NYS State funding for the Say YES program, so that more district students go to college."
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place September 9, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Incumbent Crystal Peoples-Stokes defeated Antoine Thompson and Veronica Nichols in the Democratic primary. Pamela Riester was removed from the ballot before the Republican primary. Crystal Peoples-Stokes is also running on the Working Families Party ticket. Peoples-Stokes is unchallenged in the general election.
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2010
|New York State Senate, General Election Results, District 60 (2010)|
|Marc Grisanti (R)||33,243|
|Antoine Thompson (D)||32,724|
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2008
On November 4, 2008, Antoine Thompson ran unopposed and won the election for New York State Senate, District 60 with 76,835 votes.
Thompson raised $329,317 for his campaign.
|New York State Senate, District 60 (2008)|
|Antoine Thompson (D)||76,835|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Antoine Thompson's 2008 campaign.
|New York State United Teachers||$13,450|
|Coalition for Public Charter Schools||$12,000|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$7,000|
|New York State AFL-CIO||$6,500|
Thompson and his wife, Merle, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Antoine + Thompson + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Assembly District 141
- New York State Assembly elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Official New York State Senate website
- Antoine Thompson on Facebook
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Antoine Thompson for State Assembly, "Issues," accessed August 22, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed August 8, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Official Primary results from September 14, 2010," accessed July 31, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Official Senate Election Returns November 2, 2010," accessed July 31, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Report on Antoine's 2008 campaign contributions," accessed July 31, 2014
|New York Senate District 60
| Succeeded by|
Marc Grisanti (R)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |