Antonio D. Mannings
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Associate's||Community College of the Air Force|
|Bachelor's||Chicago State University|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Place of birth||Chicago, Illinois|
Born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, Mannings attended Chicago public schools. In 2002, he joined the United States Air Force where he participated in Operation Iraqi Freedom and earned his Associate's degree in criminal justice in 2004.
Following his discharge in 2005, Mannings returned to school to earn his Bachelor's degree in business from Chicago State University. He went on to earn a Master's degree in organizational leadership from Lewis University in 2012.
Professionally, Mannings has worked in management positions in a variety of fields including retail and education. He currently works as a marketing manager with Pearson Embanet.
Mannings provided the following statement through the biographical submission form:
|“||I believe in strong fiscal responsibility and the leveling ability of education. I support capitalism, school choice and policies that promote the same.||”|
- Quotes from candidates may contain spelling and grammatical errors
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Edward Acevedo ran unopposed in the Democratic primary and is unchallenged in the general election. Antonio D. Mannings (R) was removed from the ballot on January 7, 2014.
Mannings lives in Chicago with his wife, Vanessa.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Antonio + Mannings + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- www.chicagoelections.com, "Board of Election Commissioners for the City of Chicago," accessed February 12, 2014
- about.me: "Antonio Mannings," accessed December 17, 2013
- Information submitted on Ballotpedia’s biographical information submission form on December 16, 2013
- LinkedIn: "Antonio Mannings, MA," accessed December 17, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |