The Appropriations Committee is a standing committee of the Nebraska Senate.
The Appropriations Committee is responsible for processing legislation involving the following subject areas:
- appropriations bills
- support of state government
- capital construction
- senators’ salaries
- salaries of constitutional officers
- deficiency appropriations
- appropriations for special purposes or projects
- special funds
- exchanges between or disbursements from various funds
- state employee compensation
- distribution of certain taxes (e.g., the cigarette tax)
- substantive program provisions within the jurisdictions of other committees that also contain provisions for major appropriations.
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.