Arcata Elementary School District parcel tax, Measure E (November 2012)
November 6, 2012, ballot for voters in the Arcata Elementary School District in Humboldt County, where it was approved.
The measure levied a parcel tax of $49 per parcel for five years.
A 2/3rds supermajority vote was required for approval.
- Final official results from the Humboldt County elections office.
The question on the ballot:
|Measure E: To provide stable funding the State cannot take away; make health and safety improvements; fund school nursing programs to promote good health; maintain small class sizes; retain teachers; and protect and expand music, art, and dance programs; shall the Arcata Elementary School District collect a $49 yearly education tax for five years, providing an exemption for senior citizens, no money for administration, with citizen oversight and all money benefiting local Arcata Elementary schools?|
- Parcel tax elections in California
- Arcata Elementary School District bond proposition (November 2012)
- Arcata Elementary School District website
- List of November 6, 2012 local ballot measures in Humboldt County
- Measure E sample ballot (scroll to page 4)
- Eureka Times Standard, "School bonds, parcel tax measures on November ballot," July 16, 2012
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.