Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 37|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Chestnut's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Energy is West Virginia. It is the lifeblood of our economy. Our natural gas and coal reserves are vital sources of revenue, and they supply nearly all of our electrical power. We must actively support clean and responsible mining of our coal. Our coal mining industry is under attack from Washington, and we must stand up and fight to keep it active and vibrant."
- Excerpt: "West Virginians understand work. Our work force has the lowest absenteeism on the East Coast. Companies that open business here appreciate and respect the dedication and loyalty of our workers. Our legislators must protect the rights and benefits of West Virginia workers, but at the same time actively pursue the establishment of a positive business climate."
- Excerpt: "The dropout rate in West Virginia is much too high. We must do everything possible to encourage our students to not only stay in school, but to pursue an education beyond high school. The Promise Scholarship program is an important step in providing alternate funding source for students in need."
- Health Care/Seniors
- Excerpt: "We must work to insure that all West Virginians have access to quality, affordable health care. However, a large segment of West Virginia’s population consists of seniors. Those on fixed incomes are finding it more difficult to live in an economy whereby the cost of living is continually rising. Many seniors are being forced out of their homes. Some are faced with overwhelming medical expenses. We need to protect the benefits, pensions, and homes of our seniors so that they may continue to live in their own homes. We need to insure that Medicare benefits are not reduced, and that senior’s access to quality health care is not restricted."
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 13, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. Mike Pushkin defeated Archie Chestnut, Brad Heflin, Richard Lindsay and Robert Sheets in the Democratic primary. Charles Minimah was unopposed in the Republican primary. Pushkin will face Minimah in the general election. Tadd Haynes (R) withdrew before the primary.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District Democratic Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Archie + Chestnut + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia state legislative districts
- West Virginia House of Delegates
- West Virginia House of Delegates elections, 2014
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |