Arizona 1940 ballot measures
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Three of the measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- Four of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- Four of the measures were approved and six were defeated.
On the ballot
|Proposition 1||Taxes||Exempts a bone fide home from property taxation up to $5,000||
|Proposition 2||Property||Establishes rules governing the sale and leasing of state lands||
|Proposition 3||Business||Defines certain types of firms as public service corporations||
|Proposition 4||Taxes||Limits taxes on real and tangible personal property||
|CISS||Proposition 5||Taxes||Defines the statuses, rights, privileges, benefits, immunities and exemptions of tax levying public improvement districts||
|Proposition 6||Taxes||Establishes a uniform method of assessing, equalizing and levying taxes and imposing a license tax on registered vehicles||
|VR||Proposition 7||Business||Regulates the advertising of dentistry businesses||
|CISS||Proposition 8||Gambling||Legalizes games of chance, gambling devices and games||
|CISS||Proposition 9||Gov't Finance||Distributes revenues from the gasoline tax amongst cities||
|CISS||Proposition 10||Education||Prescribes a state levy for aid to public common and high schools||