Arizona Eliminating Waste in the Medical Marijuana Act Initiative (2014)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
|Voting on Marijuana|
|Not on ballot|
- Improving the Arizona Medical Marijuana Program
- Theodore Brinkofski, Chairman of Improving the Arizona Medical Marijuana Program
- Xi Media, an Arizona Lobbying Firm
Theodore Brinkofski was the applicant and chairman for two potential initiatives in Arizona for 2014: this measure regarding medical marijuana and Securing the Border Initiative. He was also the president of the nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary Non Profit Patient Center, which, as of 2014, operated Grasshopper Junction Dispensary near Golden Valley, Arizona. Brinkofski "pledged to never receive $1 from the dispensary." Xi Media, a lobbying firm which Brinkofksi started, was also supporting both measures.
Improving the Arizona Medical Marijuana Program argued that public corporations were exploiting the then-current medical marijuana act. They argued that passage of this measure would end that exploitation and reduce the costs of medical marijuana by keeping the corporations from using stock manipulation.
Path to the ballot
- Full text of the initiative
- Xi Media
- Grasshopper Junction dispensary website, Leafly page, Facebook page and Twitter feed
- Arizona 2014 ballot measures
- 2014 ballot measures
- Arizona Legislature
- List of Arizona ballot measures
- Arizona Secretary of State: Election Information, "2014 Initiatives, Referendums & Recalls," accessed May 16, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State: Election Information, "Application for Eliminating Waste in the Medical Marijuana Act initiative petition," accessed May 16, 2014
- Xi Media, "Interests," accessed May 19, 2014
- Margaret Koenig, Assistant Staff Writer, "Telephone conversation with Theodore Brinkofski," May 20, 2014.
- Bitcoin Forum, "Topic: Lobbyist from Arizona," February 20, 2014
- Brinkofski's authorship of this Bitcoin Forum post was confirmed in the May 20, 2014 phone conversation with Margaret Koenig.
- Phonix Bidbut, "New Medical Marijuana MMJ Dispensary (Grasshopper Junction)," accessed May 20, 2014
- Arizona Capital Times, "No citizen initiatives will make ballot for first time since 1978," July 3, 2014
- Margaret Koenig, Assistant Staff Writer, "Telephone conversation with Theodore Brinkofski," July 3, 2014.
State of Arizona
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Lands | Director of Labor | Chairman of Corporation Commission | State Mine Inspector |