Arizona Gambling Initiative (2012)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
The Arizona Gambling Initiative did not make the November 6, 2012 ballot in the state of Arizona as an initiated state statute. The measure was filed with the Arizona Secretary of State's office on December 9, 2011. The proposal would have allowed gambling in the state at privately-owned casinos and racetracks. According to the language of the proposal, allowing only Native American tribes created a monopoly on gambling in the state.
Path to the ballot
According to reports, the measure did not file signatures by the deadline.
- 2012 ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Arizona
- Arizona 2012 ballot measures
- List of Arizona ballot measures
- Arizona Legislature
- The Republic, "Group seeks 2012 ballot measure in Arizona to allow gambling at private casinos and racetracks," December 12, 2011
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2012 Initiatives, Referendums & Recalls," accessed December 13, 2011
- The Daily Courier, "Petitions filed for 2 Arizona ballot measures," July 5, 2012