Arizona attorney general election, 2014
August 26, 2014
November 4, 2014
Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General
Mine Inspector, Treasurer, Superintendent, Public Service Commissioner
Arizona has a closed primary system, in which the selection of a party's candidates in a primary election is limited to registered members of that party.
Note: The following list of candidates is not official and will continue to be updated until the 2014 candidate filing deadline. Candidates will be added as we come across them prior to the deadline. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
Potential Democratic candidates
- Felecia Rotellini (Declared) -Former State Banking Superintendent and 2010 Democratic candidate for Attorney General.
Potential Republican candidates
A March 2013 report released by Governing named Arizona's attorney general seat as "vulnerable" to partisan switch heading into the 2014 elections. The rating was based on incumbent Tom Horne's controversy-riddled prelude to re-election. Horne, a Republican first elected in 2010, is the subject of an ongoing FBI investigation stemming from an alleged hit and run incident. This blight, in addition to his rumored extra-marital affair with a staffer, led Horne to forgo his planned gubernatorial campaign in favor of seeking another term in his current post. Although Arizona tends to vote Republican, especially on state row, Democrats have placed early hopes in the candidacy of 2010 AZ gubernatorial nominee and Assistant Attorney General Felecia Rotellini. Rotellini's background as superintendent of the state Department of Financial Institutions bodes well for her fundraising potential, thus her strength as a challenger to Horne in 2014.
- Arizona Attorney General
- Arizona state executive official elections, 2014
- State executive official elections, 2014
- Phoenix News Times, "Felecia Rotellini Making Another Run at Attorney General," February 26, 2013
- The Associated Press via abc15.com, "Mark Brnovich, ex-Department of Gaming director, to run for Arizona attorney general," October 2, 2013
- The Arizona Republic, "Former gaming chief will run for attorney general," September 27, 2013
- Governing, "The 2013-2014 Attorneys General Races: Who's Vulnerable?," March 25, 2013
State of Arizona
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Lands | Director of Labor | Chairman of Corporation Commission | State Mine Inspector |