Arkansas 1988 ballot measures
(Redirected from Arkanasas 1988 ballot measures)
- Five of the six measures on the ballot were approved.
- Two of the measures on the ballot were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments, two were initiated constitutional amendments, one was an initiated state statute, and one was a bond issue.
On the ballot
|Proposed Amendment 1||Judiciary||Establishes the Arkansas Judicial Discipline and Disability Commission||
|Proposed Amendment 2||Marriage & Family||Provides that jurisdiction over juveniles and children born out of wedlock be given to the chancery, circuit, or probate courts; allows for the creation of a juvenile court||
|Proposed Amendment 3||Abortion||Bans public funding of abortion and restricts abortion in general||
|Proposed Amendment 4||Taxes||Remove property tax on household goods; requires 60% legislative approval or popular referendum to change tax rates; allows for consolidation of motor vehicle registration procedures||
|BI||Referred Question Act 686||Environment||Provides bonds for waste disposal and pollution abatement facilities||
|CISS||Proposed Initiated Act 1||Gov't Acc||Provides standards of conduct and disclosure for lobbyists and state officials||
- 1988 ballot measures
- List of Arkansas ballot measures
- Arkansas signature requirements
- Laws governing the initiative process in Arkansas
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Arkansas