Arkansas 1940 ballot measures
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Four of the measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred state statutes.
- One of the measures was an initiated state statute.
- Four of the measures were approved.
- Seven of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment 30||Elections||Repeals the double primary|
|Amendment 31||Gov't Finances||Pledges that the state will not reduce revenues from motor vehicle registrations in order to pay refunding bonds|
|Amendment 32||Taxes||Allows certain personal property tax exemptions|
|Amendment 33||Local Gov't||Proposes an amendment for city libraries|
|Amendment 34||Pension||Proposes and amendment for police and fireman pensions|
|Amendment 35||Hunting & fishing||Establishes a Game and Fish Commission|
|Amendment 36||Pension||Proposes and amendment for old age pension plans|
|LRSS||Act 4||Bonds||Authorizes issuance of general refunding bonds|
|LRSS||Act 314||State judiciary||Requires that court actions must be brought in the county it occurs|
|LRSS||Act 319||Labor and unions||Proposes an initiative for workmen's compensation|
|CISS||Act 1||Labor||Provides payment for employers for compensation of injured employees|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|