Arkansas 1948 ballot measures
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was an initiated constitutional amendment.
- Four of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- Five of the measures were approved.
- Two of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment 39||Elections||Permits the legislature to enact a law providing a method for registration of voters|
|Amendment 40||Taxes||Removes the 18 mill school tax limit|
|Amendment 41||Taxes||Abolishes the state property tax|
|CISS||Act 1||Education||Proposes an initiative about school district reorganization|
|CISS||Act 2||Alcohol||Amends liquor laws regarding local option elections|
|CISS||Act 3||Elections||Provides for direct political party response in general elections|
|CISS||Act 4||Labor||Amends workmen's compensation|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|