Arkansas 1978 ballot measures
- Of the two measures which required a yes-or-no vote, one was approved and the other was defeated.
- The results of the one measure that listed options instead of an approve-or-disapprove choice, Referred Question Act 3, ensured that the vote on a revised state constitution would occur during the 1980 Arkansas general election instead of a special election in 1979.
- The first measure was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, the second was an initiated constitutional amendment, and the third was a legislatively-referred state statute.
On the ballot
|Proposed Amendment 58||Judiciary||Provides for the creation of a state Court of Appeals||
|Proposed Amendment 59||Taxes||Exempts certains foods and medicines from the state sales tax||
|LRSS||Referred Question Act 3||Elections||Offers two calendar options on which to vote on the new proposed state constitution||1980|
- 1978 ballot measures
- List of Arkansas ballot measures
- Arkansas signature requirements
- Laws governing the initiative process in Arkansas
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Arkansas