Arkansas 1982 ballot measures
- One measure, Proposed Amendment 63, also known as the "Utility Regulation Amendment," was stricken from the ballot by the Arkansas Supreme Court before the election when it was ruled that the text of the measure was too long and that its name was misleading.
- Three of the four other measures were approved.
- Three of the measures on the ballot were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments, and the fourth was a legislatively-referred state statute.
On the ballot
|Proposed Amendment 60||Finance||Sets and controls interest rates||
|Proposed Amendment 61||Legislature||Authorizes state legislature to establish jurisdiction and venue of courts||
|Proposed Amendment 62||Taxes||Authorizes quorum courts to levy annual three-mill county road tax||
|LRSS||Referred Question Act 496||Bonds||Authorizes the state Soil and Water Conservation Commission to issue bonds for water resource development||
Not on the ballot
|Proposed Amendment 63||Elections||Provide for election of members of the State Public Service Commission (stricken from ballot before election by Arkansas Supreme Court)|
- 1982 ballot measures
- List of Arkansas ballot measures
- Arkansas signature requirements
- Laws governing the initiative process in Arkansas
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Arkansas
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|