Arkansas Designation of Administrative Officers of Counties, Proposed Amendment 55 (1968)
This amendment would have designated county judges as the administrative officers of their counties.
|Arkansas Proposed Amendment 55 (1968)|
Official results via: Arkansas Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|“||An Amendment to Section 28 and Section 39 of Article VII of the Constitution of the State of Arkansas designating the County Judge as the Administrative Officer of the County and provides that he shall approve the disbursement of money for County purposes; supervise construction, maintenance and improve- ment of County roads and other County improvements; make contracts, purchases and sales in behalf of the County; and perform other duties prescribed by law; providing for enactment of laws requiring County Judge to furnish bond for faithful performance and accounting of all duties as County Administrative Officer; providing that the County Judge shall be the Judge of the County Court with jurisdiction of internal improvement and local concerns of the County; transferring jurisdiction of County Court with respect to bastardy, vagrancy, the apprenticeship of minors and Juvenile Court to the Chancery Court of the County; providing for election of at least two Justices of the Peace from each township and such additional number, based on the number of electors in the township as may be provided by law and authorizing the General Assembly to classify counties into general population groups with the number of Justices of the Peace from each township to be based upon such classification.||”|
- 1968 ballot measures
- Arkansas 1968 ballot measures
- List of Arkansas ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Initiatives and Amendments 1938-2010"
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research. REFERENDA AND PRIMARY ELECTION MATERIALS [Computer file]. ICPSR ed. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [producer and distributor], 1995. doi:10.3886/ICPSR00006.v1
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|