Arkansas Legislative Authorization to Control Interest Rates, Proposed Amendment 57 (1974)
This amendment would have allowed the Arkansas General Assembly to control maximum interest rates.
|Proposed Amendment 57 (1974)|
Official results via: Arkansas Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|“||AN AMENDMENT TO AUTHORIZE THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY TO FIX MAXIMUM LAWFUL RATES OF INTEREST BY AMENDING SECTION 15 OF ARTICLE XIX OF THE ARKANSAS CONSTITUTION OF 1874 SO THAT AS AMENDED SECTION 13 WILL PROVIDE THAT THE MAXIMUM LAWFUL RATE OF INTEREST, EXCEPT WHEN THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY SHALL OTHERWISE PROVIDE, SHALL BE TEN PERCENT PER ANNUM; THAT ALL CONTRACTS FOR AN UNLAWFUL RATE OF INTEREST SHALL BE VOID AS TO PRINCIPAL AND INTEREST; AND THAT WHEN NO RATE OF INTEREST IS AGREED UPON THE RATE SHALL BE SIX PERCENT PER ANNUM.||”|
- 1974 ballot measures
- Arkansas 1974 ballot measures
- List of Arkansas ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Initiatives and Amendments 1938-2010"
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research. REFERENDA AND PRIMARY ELECTION MATERIALS [Computer file]. ICPSR ed. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [producer and distributor], 1995. doi:10.3886/ICPSR00006.v1
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|