For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Arkansas state legislative special elections, 2014
- State Senate District 21: The seat was vacant following Paul Bookout's (D) resignation on August 21, 2013, after he was fined $8,000 by the Arkansas Ethics Commission for spending campaign funds on personal items.
How vacancies are filled
If there is a vacancy in the Arkansas General Assembly, the governor must call for a special election to fill the vacancy. The election must be called by the governor without delay. For all special elections in the Senate, the county that first established the district is responsible for conducting the election. If the special election is to fill a House seat, the County Board of Election Commissioners representing the vacant district conducts the election. All special elections must be held on the second Tuesday of the month, unless the second Tuesday of the month falls on a legal holiday or is in June during an even-numbered year.
Note: These tables are updated any time there is a change in the chamber.
The current partisan breakdown of the Senate is as follows:
|Party||As of March 2015|
The current partisan breakdown of the House is as follows:
|Party||As of March 2015|
January 14, 2014
|Arkansas State Senate District 21|
- State legislative special elections, 2013
- Arkansas State Senate elections, 2012
- Arkansas House of Representatives elections, 2012
- Arkansas State Senate elections, 2010
- Arkansas House of Representatives elections, 2010
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas Legislature, "Arkansas Code - Unannotated," accessed May 21, 2014 (Referenced Statutes, 10-2-118 and 10-2-119)
- Arkansas Legislature, "Arkansas Code - Unannotated," accessed May 21, 2014 (Referenced Statutes, 10-2-120(a)(1))
- Arkansas Legislature, "Arkansas Code - Unannotated," accessed May 21, 2014 (Referenced Statutes, 7-11-103(a))
- Arkansas Legislature, "Arkansas Code - Unannotated," accessed May 21, 2014 (Referenced Statutes, 7-11-105 1 (a)-(c))
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official special election results," accessed January 30, 2014
- therepublic.com, "GOP, Democrats each headed to runoff for Ark. Senate seat in special election," October 8, 2013
- kait8.com, "AR State Senate District 21 Primary Final Results," November 12, 2013
- sos.arkansas.gov, "Official candidate list," accessed September 9, 2013
- arkansasmatters.com, "Gov. Beebe Sets Special Election to Replace Recently Resigned Senator," August 28, 2013