Armstrong County, Pennsylvania
- Main article: Evaluation of Pennsylvania county websites
- Lists the current commissioners, but only how to contact the chief clerk.
- Annual financial audits are posted.
- The departments contacts are listed in a directory.
- Posts information on meeting times, places, agendas and minutes.
- Posts annual financial reports.
- Planning & Development post ordinances that apply to the community. However, there is no online forms to download or a way to check a permits status online.
- Posts links to the National Association of Counties and County Commissioners Association of Pennsylvania, both of which are government sector lobbying associations.
- No information on how to file for public records.
- No listing the county audits, credit card receipts, or posting on the checkbook register.
As of April, 2008, Armstrong County had 20,390 persons registered as Republicans, and 20,227 persons registered as Democrats, with 2,947 voters registered in other parties.
- Patricia L. Kirkpatrick, Chairman (Republican)
- James V. Scahill (Republican)
- Richard L. Fink (Democrat)
- Scott J. Andreassi (Democrat)
- Larry Crawford (Democrat)
- Myra "Tammy" Miller (Republican)
- Sonie Mervis (Republican)
Register of Wills and Recorder of Deeds:
- Marianne Hileman (Republican)
Prothonotary and Clerk of Courts:
- Brenda C. George (Republican)
- Karen Shreckengost (Republican)
- Patricia Graff Fiorina (Democrat)
- Kenneth G. Valasek, President Judge (Democrat)
- James Panchik (Democrat)
- Joseph A. Nickleach, Sr. Judge (Democrat)
- Armstrong Chamber of Commerce
- Armstrong County government website
- Armstrong County Tourism
- Armstrong County on Epodunk
Portions of this article were taken from Wikipedia on 9/29/08.