Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Governor of Minnesota|
|January 7, 1991 – January 4, 1999|
|Bachelor's||Williams College in Massachusetts|
|Master's||University of Minnesota|
|Birthday||September 24, 1934|
|Place of birth||New York City, New York|
- B.A. Williams College in Massachusetts, 1957, History
- M.D. University of Minnesota
Carlson was married first to Barbabra Duffy, with whom he had three children, the oldest of whom died as an infant in 1966. He then married Joanne Chabot in 1977 and Susan Shepard in 1985. Susan Carlson kept her job when her husband became governor, making the Carlsons the first two-income First Family in Minnesota history. They had one daughter.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Arne + Carlson + Minnesota + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arne Carlson credits Minnesota's diverse economy, not politicians, for budget ... - MinnPost.com
- 10 DFLers want purge of Orchestra leaders - MinnPost.com
- Key Minneapolis committee OKs financing for Downtown East plan - Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Downtown East: Big dividends on modest investment - Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Looking Back: 1963 - Temperatures plunge, winds blow up to 70 mph - Worthington Daily Globe
- Settlement long overdue in orchestra dispute - Isanti County News
- How Two Similar States Ended Up Worlds Apart In Politics - WVTF
- Legal learning: How should we choose judges? - Lake County News Chronicle
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
|Governor of Minnesota
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |