|Former candidate for|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 51|
|Associates||Southern Ohio College|
|Date of birth||January 12, 1955|
|Place of birth||Cincinnati, Ohio|
Engel earned his A.A. in Robotics from Southern Ohio College in 1986.
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Michele DeCresce was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Wes Retherford defeated Greg Jolivette and Arnold Engel in the Republican primary. DeCresce withdrew from the race before the general election, and was replaced by Lucinda Greene. Retherford defeated Greene in the general election.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 51 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Wes Retherford Incumbent||69.3%||16,202|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 51 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Wes Retherford Incumbent||61.4%||5,238|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 54|
|Courtney Combs (R)||19,622||62.20%|
|Bruce Carter (D)||9,412||29.84%|
|Arnold Engel (I)||2,512||7.96%|
Engel and his wife, Susan, have one child. They live in Fairfield, Ohio.
Criminal Mischief Incident
On December 15th, 2011, Engel was found guilty of criminal mischief in an incident that occurred earlier that year during his campaign for Fairfield City School Board. Engel kicked the car door of a man who had complained of Engel's campaign literature “littering his street" and tossed Engel's campaign fliers in the front yard while he was outside. Engel was ordered by the Fairfield Municipal Court to complete an anger management course.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Arnold + Engel + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- Ohio General Assembly
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Ohio House of Representatives District 51
- "Project Vote Smart," "Arnold Engel's Biography," accessed October 5, 2013
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "State Representative: Results for general election on November 2, 2010," accessed June 11, 2014
- Journal-News, "Former school board member ordered to anger management," December 16, 2011
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |