|Alabama House of Representatives, District 43|
|November 5, 2014 - Present|
|November 5, 2018|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|High school||Sidney Lanier High School|
Mooney currently works as a broker at Southeast Commercial Partners.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Mooney served on the following committees:
|Alabama Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Shelby County Legislation|
|• Ways and Means General Fund|
Mooney's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Improving Education and Repealing Common Core
- States’ Rights and Limited Government
- Free Market Health Care
- Pro-Life and Pro-Family
- Right to Bear Arms
- Increased Employment and Commerce
- Protecting Personal Property Rights
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Doug Clark, Arnold Mooney, Amie Beth Shaver, Cheryl Ciamarra, John Bahakel, Gina McDonald, and Don Murphy faced off in the Republican primary. Because no candidate received more than 50 percent of the vote, the top two vote-getters - Mooney and Shaver - met in a runoff election, which Mooney won. Mooney was unchallenged in the general election.
- Manufacture Alabama
- Dr. Frank Barker, Pastor Emeritus of Briarwood Presbyterian Church
- Alabama Association of REALTORS
- Eunie Smith, President of Eagle Forum of Alabama
- Rick Burgess of “Rick and Bubba Show
- Gun Owners of America
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of April 2015, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mooney and his wife, Kelly, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Arnold + Mooney + Alabama + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama House of Representatives
- Alabama House Committees
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Profile from the Alabama House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Arnold Mooney on Facebook
- Arnold Mooney, "About," accessed May 10, 2014
- Arnold Mooney, "Issues," accessed May 10, 2014
- AL.com, "Alabama primary runoffs: Live results from select statewide races," July 15, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Facebook, "Arnold Mooney for Alabama," accessed May 10, 2014
- Arnold Mooney, "My Campaign Committee," accessed May 10, 2014
Mary Sue McClurkin (R)
|Alabama House District 43
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|