Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. Senate, Washington|
|High school||Lakeside School|
|Bachelor's||University of Washington|
He is a primary care physician as well as a small-business owner.
According to his website, Coday's campaign platform includes the following issues:
- Reduce individual and business taxes
- Repeal the Affordable Care Act
- Support right to life
Coday ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. Senate, representing Washington. He was seeking the nomination as a Republican and faced incumbent Maria Cantwell (D), Timmy Wilson (D), Michael Baumgartner (R), Chuck Jackson (R), Mike the Mover (R), Glen Stockwell (R), and Will Baker (Reform Party) in the August 7 primary. The top two vote-getters in the primary, regardless of party, will be on the general election ballot. He was defeated in the primary.
Art Coday ran for the Washington State House of Representatives District 32a. He defeated Doris McConnell in the August 17, 2010 primary. He was defeated by Democrat Cindy Ryu in the November 2, 2010 general election.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 32a Primary (2010)|
|Cindy Ryu (D)||13,179||42.30%|
|Art Coday (R)||11,747||37.71%|
|Doris McConnell (D)||6,227||19.99%|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Art + Coday + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Art Coday campaign website
- List of 2010 candidates for Washington House of Representatives
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- ↑ Art Coday campaign website "About," Accessed July 31, 2012
- ↑ Art Coday campaign website "Issues," Accessed July 31, 2012
- ↑ Washington Secretary of State "Top 2 Primary: FAQ," Accessed May 17, 2012
- ↑ AP Primary Results
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Seattle Times "Senate race Cantwell's to lose — unless Obama support craters," July 10, 2012
- ↑ Washington Legislature Official primary results SOS