|Pennsylvania State Senate, District 4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
Haywood's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Raise state funding level for public schools.
- Excerpt: "Our public school system is broken. Yet, PA ranks 43rd in state funding for public education. And low levels of state funding puts a greater burden on local taxes. Though money isn’t the only solution, it’s essential to a realistic chance for success. Just as a strong education system makes a strong society, a weak education system weakens society."
Raise PA’s minimum wage.
- Excerpt: "According to the U.S. Census, many families are living on less now than 20 years ago. What’s more, over 46 million people in our country are living in poverty. I believe that everyone who’s able to work, should work, and receive a decent wage for that work. Without proper wages, parents are less able to provide for their children. Raising wages not only benefits families, businesses also benefit from greater consumer spending."
Restrict access to guns.
- Excerpt: "We have too many guns on our streets. There were more gun-related deaths in Pennsylvania from 2001 to 2010 than there were in Afghanistan & Iraq combined. So, along with educating our youth and providing a decent wage to hard working citizens, it’s time to further protect our communities by restricting access to guns."
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in that election was March 11, 2014. Art Haywood defeated incumbent LeAnna Washington and Brian Gralnick in the Democratic primary, while Robin Gilchrist was unopposed in the Republican primary. Ines Reyes ran as an Independent candidate. Haywood defeated Gilchrist and Reyes in the general election.
|Pennsylvania State Senate, District 4 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|LeAnna Washington Incumbent||33.8%||13,708|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Art + Haywood + Pennsylvania + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania State Senate
- Pennsylvania State Legislature
- Pennsylvania State Senate elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania State Senate District 4
- Official campaign website
- Art Haywood on Facebook
- Art Haywood on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- haywoodforsenate.com, "Issues," accessed April 29, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 19, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 general election unofficial returns," November 4, 2014