|Connecticut State Senate District 33|
|January 9, 2013-Present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Linares served on the following committees:
|Connecticut Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Banks, Ranking Member|
|• Children, Ranking Member|
- See also: Connecticut State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Connecticut State Senate consisted of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 10, 2014. Emily Bjornberg was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Art Linares was unopposed in the Republican primary. Linares defeated Bjornberg and Colin D. Bennett (G) in the general election.
- See also: Connecticut State Senate elections, 2012
Linares ran in the 2012 election for Connecticut State Senate District 33. Linares ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012. He defeated James Crawford (D) and Melissa Schlag (G) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Connecticut State Senate, District 33, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Linares is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Linares raised a total of $113,934 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 17, 2013.
|Art Linares's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Connecticut State Senate, District 33||$113,934|
|Grand Total Raised||$113,934|
2012Linares won election to the Connecticut State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Linares raised a total of $113,934.
|Connecticut State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Art Linares's campaign in 2012|
|Connecticut Republican Party||$1,495|
|Total Raised in 2012||$113,934|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "issues important to Connecticut's working men and women."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "key environmental bills."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Art + Linares + Connecticut + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Connecticut State Legislature
- Connecticut state legislative districts
- Profile from the Connecticut State Senate
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Art Linares on Twitter
- Art Linares on Facebook
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed July 15, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official primary and general election results," accessed November 26, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Candidate List," accessed June 18, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results for 2012," August 14, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Election Results 2012" accessed November 17, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Art Linares," accessed September 17, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 17, 2014
Eileen Daily (D)
|Connecticut State Senate 33
| Succeeded by|