|Tennessee House Of Representatives District 8|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$188/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Commissioner, Blount County Commission|
|Bachelor's||University of Tennessee, Martin, 1975|
|Birthday||October 17, 1952|
Swann earned a B.S. from the University of Tennessee-Martin. He has previously worked as a forest product representative. Swann is a former Director of the Metropolitan Knoxville Airport Authority, and was a Blount County Commissioner from 1978-1982.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Swann served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Business and Utilities|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Swann served on these committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Children & Family Affairs|
|• Conservation & Environment|
Elections for the office of Tennessee House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 7, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Incumbent Art Swann is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Swann ran in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 8. Swann defeated challenger Grady E. Caskey in the August 2 primary election. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 8 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Art Swann Incumbent||76.8%||4,375|
|Grady E. Caskey||23.2%||1,324|
Swann was elected to District 8 of the Tennessee House of Representatives. He defeated Democrat Marvin Pratt in the general election on November 2, 2010. He defeated Geoff King, Scott A. Hughes and Joe McCulley in the August 5 primary.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 8 General Election (2010)|
|Art Swann (R)||12,620|
|Marvin Pratt (D)||2,862|
Comprehensive donor information for Swann is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Swann raised a total of $174,298 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 28, 2013.
|Art Swann's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State House, District 8||$92,021|
|2010||Tennessee State House, District 8||$82,277|
|Grand Total Raised||$174,298|
2012Swann won re-election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Swann raised a total of $92,021.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Art Swann's campaign in 2012|
|Tennessee Highway Contractors||$1,500|
|Stones River Medical Management PC||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$92,021|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Swann won election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Swann raised a total of $82,277.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Art Swann's campaign in 2010|
|Blalock Operations Center||$1,500|
|Tennessee Bankers Association||$1,500|
|Lambert, Margaret K||$1,300|
|Total Raised in 2010||$82,277|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Swann and his wife, Janet, currently live in Maryville, Tennessee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Art + Swann + Tennessee + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee State Legislature
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives Committees
- Tennessee Joint Committees
- Tennessee state legislative districts
- Art Swann on the Tennessee State House website
- Profile from Open States
- Art Swann's biography on Project Vote Smart
- Art Swann's biography on the University of Tennessee's government relations website
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Rick Santorum for President, "Tennessee Conservative State Legislative Leaders Endorse Santorum For President," March 4, 2012
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2012 List of Candidates," accessed April 17, 2014
- Tennessee Department of State, "Election Results," accessed April 17, 2014
- Associated Press, "Tennessee - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 2, 2012
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election Official Results," accessed April 17, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2010 Tennessee General election results," accessed April 17, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Swann, Art," accessed June 28, 2013
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 8
| Succeeded by|