|Former candidate for|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||University of Phoenix|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
In 2014, Easterwood's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- On Economic Opportunities and Growth
- Excerpt: "Encourage job creation and economic development. As the recession starts to turn around we need to continue on a path toward prosperity and ensure job and business opportunities for all Kansans."
- For The Best Public Schools in the Nation
- Excerpt: "Ensure that our excellent public schools receive adequate funding and that our children continue to receive the knowledge and tools necessary to become active, productive citizens of the 21st century."
- On Cheap Energy and a Clean Environment
- Excerpt: "Protect our environment and develop new energy projects. Kansas is the second windiest state in the country. We need to harness that potential to produce clean energy, which in turn will create new jobs."
- For A Better Health Care System for Everyone
- Excerpt: "Find ways to reduce the cost of health care to make it more accessible and affordable for all Kansans, while paying special attention to the needs of our seniors and our children."
- On Keeping Our Moral Covenant
- Excerpt: "Defend the most vulnerable of our population by funding necessary social services that are vital to so many disabled Kansans and ensure they receive the care, treatment, and dignity they deserve."
Elections for the office of Kansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Don McGuire defeated Arthena Easterwood in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Amanda Grosserode defeated Jameia Haines and Ray Marshall in the Republican primary. Grosserode defeated McGuire in the general election.
|Kansas House of Representatives District 16, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Amanda Grosserode Incumbent||53.6%||4,680|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 16 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 16 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Amanda Grosserode Incumbent||55.3%||1,552|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Arthena + Easterwood + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas State Legislature
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas House of Representatives
- Kansas House of Representatives elections, 2014
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |