Arthur D. Shores Lee
|Arthur D. Shores Lee|
|Former candidate for|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 60|
Shores Lee's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Voting Rights Legislation
- Teacher Pay Raise
- Jobs & Economic Development
- Public Safety and Gun Control
- Responsible Government Spending
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Juandalynn Givan defeated Arthur D. Shores Lee in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 60 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Juandalynn Givan Incumbent||75.6%||3,976|
|Arthur D. Shores Lee||24.4%||1,285|
2014 special election
Anthony "Alann" Johnson (D) defeated Willie "W.A." Casey (R) in the special election, which took place on April 1. Johnson, Arthur D. Shores Lee, Demetrius C. Newton Jr. and Frank Topping faced off in the Democratic primary. As no candidate received more than fifty percent of the vote, the top-two vote-getters - Johnson and Lee - met in the Democratic primary runoff on February 4, which Johnson won. Casey was unopposed in the Republican primary.
A special election for the position of Alabama House of Representatives District 53 was initially called for January 28, with a primary on December 3, 2013. Because a runoff on January 28, 2014, was required, the special election was scheduled to take place on March 25 instead. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was October 10, 2013. Due to inclement weather, the runoff was pushed back a week to February 4. The special election instead took place on April 1.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 53, Special Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Anthony "Alann" Johnson||68.1%||320|
|Republican||Willie "W.A." Casey||31.9%||150|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Arthur + Shores + Lee + Alabama + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- abc3340.com, "Five qualify for House District 53 seat," October 11, 2013
- Elect Arthur Shores Lee, "Home page," accessed May 17, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- blog.al.com, "'This is a launching pad': Johnson, winner of state House special election, not worried about brief term," April 1, 2014
- Official special election results submitted to Ballotpedia by Brandon Walters from the Alabama Secretary of State's Office on May 7, 2014
- abc3340.com, "Johnson, Lee in runoff for Alabama House 53," December 3, 2013
- al.com, "In District 53 Democratic runoff, Anthony 'Alann' Johnson defeats Arthur Shores Lee in last-minute win (updated)," February 4, 2014
- alreporter.com, "Governor Announces Special Election for District 53," September 19, 2013
- al.com, "Citing inclement weather forecast, governor delays special election set for Mobile House seat," January 27, 2014
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|