|Alabama House of Representatives District 44|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Master's||University of Alabama, Birmingham|
|Date of birth||June 5, 1946|
|Place of birth||Birmingham, AL|
Payne's professional experience includes working as the owner of Arthur Payne Sporting Goods, accountant with Owens Corning Fiberglass and as the associate director for the Office of Planning at the University of Alabama.
Payne served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Jefferson County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Judiciary Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Civil Justice
Payne won re-election to the 44th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Payne raised $91,780 for his campaign, while Barbee raised $14,375.
|Alabama State House, District 44 (2006)|
|Arthur Payne (R)||8,435|
|Jonathan Barbee (D)||4,019|
In 2010, Payne raised $74,800 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$7,500|
In 2006, Payne collected $91,780 in donations.
Below are Payne's top five campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|Business Council of Alabama||$5,000|
|Jefferson Memorial Gardens||$3,000|
|Alabama Power Co||$3,000|
Payne is married and has two children.
He is a member of the Centerpoint Civitan Club, First Baptist Church of Trussville, and Chalkville Civic Club.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of April 2015, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to email@example.com.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Arthur + Payne + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign contributions," accessed August 4, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Rep. Payne Biography," May 5, 2014
|Alabama House District 44
| Succeeded by|
Danny Garrett (R)
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|