Article 9, Kansas Constitution
| Ordinance • Preamble • Bill of Rights|
1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15
| Text of Section 1:
The legislature shall provide for organizing new counties, locating county seats, and changing county lines; but no county seat shall be changed without the consent of a majority of the electors of the county; nor any county organized, nor the lines of any county changed so as to include an area of less than four hundred and thirty-two square miles.
| Text of Section 2:
County and Township Officers
The legislature shall provide for such county and township officers as may be necessary.
| Text of Section 5:
Removal of Officers
All county and township officers may be removed from office, in such manner and for such cause, as shall be prescribed by law.
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Kansas State Library, "Kansas Constitution"
- Kansapedia: Kansas State Historical Society, "Wyandotte Constitution"
- Kansapedia: Kansas State Historical Society, "Kansas Constitutions"
- Heller, Francis H. (2011) The Kansas State Constitution, New York, New York: Oxford University Press
- Wilder, D.W. (1875). The Annals of Kansas
- Cutler, William G. (1883) History of the State of Kansas, Chicago, Illinois: A. T. Andreas
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |