Article II, Louisiana Constitution
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI • XII • XIII • XIV|
| Text of Section 1:
The powers of government of the state are divided into three separate branches: legislative, executive, and judicial.
| Text of Section 2:
Limitations on Each Branch
Except as otherwise provided by this constitution, no one of these branches, nor any person holding office in one of them, shall exercise power belonging to either of the others.
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Louisiana State Senate, "Louisiana Constitution"
- Archives.org, "Louisiana 1812 Constitution"
- Archives.org, "Louisiana Purchase Treaty"
- Louisiana History.org, "Timelines"
- Hargrave, W. Lee (1991). The Louisiana State Constitution: A Reference Guide, Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Press
- Louisiana (1812). Constitution or Form of Government of the State of Louisiana, New Orleans, Louisiana: Jo. Bar. Baird