Article V, Washington State Constitution
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI • XII • XIII • XIV • XV • XVI • XVII • XVIII • XIX • XX • XXI • XXII • XXIII • XXIV • XXV • XXVI • XXVII • XXVIII • XXIX • XXX • XXXI • XXXII|
| Text of Section 1:
Impeachment - Power of and Procedure.
The house of representatives shall have the sole power of impeachment. The concurrence of a majority of all the members shall be necessary to an impeachment. All impeachments shall be tried by the senate, and, when sitting for that purpose, the senators shall be upon oath or affirmation to do justice according to law and evidence. When the governor or lieutenant governor is on trial, the chief justice of the supreme court shall preside. No person shall be convicted without a concurrence of two-thirds of the senators elected.
| Text of Section 2:
Officers Liable To.
The governor and other state and judicial officers, except judges and justices of courts not of record, shall be liable to impeachment for high crimes or misdemeanors, or malfeasance in office, but judgment in such cases shall extend only to removal from office and disqualification to hold any office of honor, trust or profit, in the state. The party, whether convicted or acquitted, shall, nevertheless, be liable to prosecution, trial, judgment and punishment according to law.
| Text of Section 3:
Removal from Office.
All officers not liable to impeachment shall be subject to removal for misconduct or malfeasance in office, in such manner as may be provided by law.
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Washington State Legislature, "Washington Constitution"
- Washington State SOS, "The Origin of the Constitution of the State of Washington"
- Utter, Robert F., and Hugh D. Spitzer. (2002). The Washington State Constitution: A Reference Guide, Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Publishing
- Utter, Robert F., and Hugh D. Spitzer. (2013). The Washington State Constitution, New York, New York: Oxford University Press