Article X, New Jersey Constitution
|New Jersey Constitution|
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI|
| Text of General Provisions:
1. The seal of the State shall be kept by the Governor, or person administering the office of Governor, and used by him officially, and shall be called the Great Seal of the State of New Jersey.
2. All grants and commissions shall be in the name and by the authority of the State of New Jersey, sealed with the Great Seal, signed by the Governor, or person administering the office of Governor, and countersigned by the Secretary of State, and shall run thus: "The State of New Jersey, to .............., Greeting."
3. All writs shall be in the name of the State. All indictments shall conclude: "against the peace of this State, the government and dignity of the same."
4. Wherever in this Constitution the term "person," "persons," "people" or any personal pronoun is used, the same shall be taken to include both sexes.
5. Except as herein otherwise provided, this Constitution shall take effect on the first day of January in the year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and forty-eight.
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- New Jersey State Legislature, "New Jersey State Constitution"
- The State of New Jersey, "New Jersey Constitution of 1947'
- The State of New Jersey, "New Jersey Constitution of 1844"
- The State of New Jersey, "New Jersey Constitution of 1776"
- New Jersey State Library, "New Jersey Constitutions"
- Bebout, John E., and Joseph Harrison. "The Working of the New Jersey Constitution of 1947" in the William and Mary Law Review Volume 10, Issue 2: Article 4
- Williams, Robert F. (2012). The New Jersey State Constitution, New York, New York: Oxford University Press
- Williams, Robert F. (1997). The New Jersey State Constitution, New Brunswick, New Jersey: Rutgers University Press
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |