For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Article XIII, Delaware Constitution
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI • XII • XIII • XIV • XV • XVI • XVII • Schedule • Closing|
| Text of Section 1:
Submission of Liquor Question to District Electors; Election
The General Assembly may from time to time provide by law for the submission to the vote of the qualified electors of the several districts of the State, or any of them, mentioned in Section 2 of this Article, the question whether the manufacture and sale of intoxicating liquors shall be licensed or prohibited within the limits thereof; and in every district in which there is a majority against license, no person, firm or corporation shall thereafter manufacture or sell spirituous, vinous or malt liquors, except for medicinal or sacramental purposes, within said district, until at a subsequent submission of such question a majority of votes shall be cast in said district for license. Whenever a majority of all the members elected to each House of the General Assembly by the qualified electors in any district named in Section 2 of this Article shall request the submission of the question of license or no license to a vote of the qualified electors in said district, the General Assembly shall provide for the submission of such question to the qualified electors in such district at the next general election thereafter.
| Text of Section 2:
Designation of Districts for Purposes of Article
Under the provisions of this Article, Sussex County shall comprise one district, Kent County one district, the City of Wilmington, as its corporate limits now are or may hereafter be extended, one district, and the remaining part of New Castle County one district.
| Text of Section 3:
Laws for Enforcement, Manufacture and Sale, and Penalties
The General Assembly shall provide necessary laws to carry out and enforce the provisions of this Article, enact laws governing the manufacture and sale of intoxicating liquors under the limitation of this Article, and provide such penalties as may be necessary to enforce the same.
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Current Delaware Constitution
- Delaware Constitution of 1897 (timed out)
- Delaware Constitution of 1776
- Delaware Constitution of 1792
- Delaware Constitution of 1831
- Hoffecker, Carol E. (2004). Democracy in Delaware, Wilmington, Delaware: Cedar Tree Books
- Holland, Randy J.(2002). The Delaware State Constitution: A Reference Guide, Westport, Connecticut: Westport Press
- Martin, Roger A. (1984). A History of Delaware Through its Governors, Wilmington, Delaware: McClafferty Press
- Munroe, John A. (1993). History of Delaware, University of Delaware Press
- Scharf, John Thomas. (1888). History of Delaware 1609-1888, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: L. J. Richards & Co
State of Delaware
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Insurance Commissioner | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources and Environmental Control | Secretary of Labor | Delaware Public Service Commission |