Article XVII, Colorado Constitution
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI • XII • XIII • XIV • XV • XVI • XVII • XVIII • XIX • XX • XXI • XXII • XXIII • XXIV • XXV • XXVI • XXVII • XXVIII • XXIX • Schedule|
| Text of Section 1:
Persons Subject to Service
The militia of the state shall consist of all ablebodied male residents of the state between the ages of eighteen and fortyfive years; except, such persons as may be exempted by the laws of the United States, or of the state.
| Text of Section 2:
Organization Equipment Discipline
The organization, equipment and discipline of the militia shall conform as nearly as practicable, to the regulations for the government of the armies of the United States.
| Text of Section 3:
Officers How Chosen
The governor shall appoint all general, field and staff officers and commission them. Each company shall elect its own officers, who shall be commissioned by the governor; but if any company shall fail to elect such officers within the time prescribed by law, they may be appointed by the governor.
| Text of Section 4:
The general assembly shall provide for the safekeeping of the public arms, military records, relics and banners of the state.
| Text of Section 5:
Exemption in Time of Peace
No person having conscientious scruples against bearing arms shall be compelled to do militia duty in time of peace.
- Colorado Obsolete Constitutional Provisions, Referendum G (2006), which was approved on November 7, 2006.
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Lexis Nexis, "Colorado Constitution"
- Constitution of the State of Colorado, as currently amended
- Colorado Experience: Colorado Constitution on Youtube
- List of constitutional amendments since 1912 (timed out)
- Huffington Post, "Colorado Constitution"
- Oesterle, Dale A., and Richard B. Collins (2002). The Colorado State Constitution: A Reference Guide, Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Publishing.
State of Colorado
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources | Executive Director of Labor and Employment | Chair of Public Utilities |