Article XXXI, Washington State Constitution
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI • XII • XIII • XIV • XV • XVI • XVII • XVIII • XIX • XX • XXI • XXII • XXIII • XXIV • XXV • XXVI • XXVII • XXVIII • XXIX • XXX • XXXI • XXXII|
Article XXXI has been amended one time, in 1972.
| Text of Section 1:
Equality Not Denied Because of Sex.
Equality of rights and responsibility under the law shall not be denied or abridged on account of sex.
| Text of Section 2:
Enforcement Power of Legislature.
The legislature shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.
The name of this Article and the captions have been supplied by the reviser.
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Washington State Legislature, "Washington Constitution"
- Washington State SOS, "The Origin of the Constitution of the State of Washington"
- Utter, Robert F., and Hugh D. Spitzer. (2002). The Washington State Constitution: A Reference Guide, Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Publishing
- Utter, Robert F., and Hugh D. Spitzer. (2013). The Washington State Constitution, New York, New York: Oxford University Press
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |