|Maryland House of Delegates District 15|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||University of Missouri-Rolla, 1989|
|Birthday||November 6, 1964|
|Place of birth||Hyderabad, India|
Miller earned her B.S. in Civil Engineering from the University of Missouri-Rolla in 1989. Her professional experience includes working as a Traffic Engineer.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Miller served on these committees:
- Subcommittee on Revenues
- Subcommittee on Transportation
- Ways & Means
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbents Kathleen Dumais, David Fraser-Hidalgo and Aruna Miller defeated Bennett Rushkoff in the Democratic primary, while Ed Edmundson, Flynn Ficker and Christine Thron were unopposed in the Republican primary. Dumais, Fraser-Hidalgo and Miller defeated Edmundson, Ficker and Thron in the general election.
Miller ran against Kathleen Dumais (incumbent), Brian Feldman (incumbent), David Fraser-Hidalgo and Lara Wibeto in the September 14 primary. In the general election, the winners faced Republicans Sylvia Darrow and Matthew Mockerman. Arvin Vohra is running as a Libertarian.
In 2010, Miller raised $44,552 in contributions.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Indy Realtors Inc||$3,500|
|Montgomery County Career Fire Fighters Association Local 1664||$2,000|
Miller and her husband, David, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Aruna + Miller + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland House Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland House of Delegates District 15
- House website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results for the 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election," accessed June 25, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |