|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 6|
|High school||Washington High School|
|Bachelor's||East Carolina University|
|Profession||President of Woolard Insurance Brokers, Inc.|
Woolard served as Chairman of the Beaufort County Republican Party from 2007 to 2009.
Woolard earned his B.S. in Business from East Carolina University. His professional experience includes being the President of Woolard Insurance Brokers, Inc.
In an article with the Beaufort Observer, Woolard said that his platform "...is focused on two tracks. The first involves lowering taxes and lessening regulations because this environment is critical for small business job creation where eight percent of new jobs in eastern North Carolina originate. This is why I support the current initiative in the General Assembly to eliminate the state income tax. The second track involves maintaining the job base we now have at sufficient levels to provide further growth. That is why one focus I will have in the campaign is championing a raise for all teachers and not just an arbitrary number who in accepting the raise must also give up their tenure."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Paul Tine was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Mattie Lawson defeated Ashley Woolard in the Republican primary. Lawson and Tine will face off in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 6 Republican Primary, 2014|
Woolard has three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ashley + Woolard + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 6
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official primary candidate list
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- www.beaufortobserver.net, "Ashley Woolard announces run for House 6 seat held by Paul Tine," accessed April 17, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |