|New Jersey General Assembly, District 8|
Markey is an education major at the College of New Jersey.
Markey ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 8. Markey was bracketed with Robert McGowan. She was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. She was defeated by incumbent Chris Brown (R) and Maria Rodriguez-Gregg (R) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
In 2013, Markey's endorsements included the following:
- New Jersey AFL-CIO
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ava + Markey + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ava Markey Project Vote Smart Profile
- Vazquez, McGowan and Markey
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates (dead link)
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates," accessed April 15, 2013
- Philly.com, "N.J. Eighth District lawmaker not to seek new term," April 03, 2013
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," September 9, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 6, 2013
- Politicker NJ, "AFL-CIO endorses candidates for elections," accessed Septemeber 2, 2013