Avery Ann Hart
|New Jersey State Senate, District 26|
|Bachelor's||Penn State University|
|Master's||New York University, Yeshiva University|
|Place of birth||Paterson, New Jersey|
|Profession||Therapist and author|
Hart earned her B.A. from Penn State University. She later earned a M.A. from New York University and a Masters of Social Work from Yeshiva University. Hart formly worked as an investigative probation officer for the NY State Supreme Court. She is currently a therapist with a private practice serving children and families. She is also the author of mental health and children's books, as well as a playwright.
Hart's website highlighted the following campaign themes: 
- Innovative property tax reform
Excerpt: "Our schools are currently funded by towns, and since New Jersey has so many towns, that results in about 600 school superintendents and supervisory staff for only 2,500 schools. That just doesn't make sense. If we organized our school systems the way many other states do, we would have just 21 school districts, and could use the hundreds of millions of dollars of savings for property tax relief."
- Protecting the environment
Excerpt: "Watersheds are the land that produce water to fill underground aquifers. My opponent has voted to allow new building on these sensitive watershed lands. He also wants to subvert the Highlands clean water law in order to use open space funds to buy artificial turf! Unlike him, I will be a vote and advocate for what remains of New Jersey natural lands."
- Quality education
Excerpt: "I fully support public education, and would seek to add pre-K to New Jersey's educational services. Given all the research about brain development, I have come to believe that offering pre-K is the best way to improve learning potential and outcomes on test scores."
- Thriving small businesses
Excerpt: "...unfortunately, some NJ laws and regulations inhibit the development of small businesses. Here is an example of one that has come to my attention on the Board of Nursing. Advance Practice Nurses are unable to start healthcare businesses because of an outmoded law that requires if a nurse enters into business with a physician, the physician must own at least 51 percent of the business. This restriction has nothing to do with health - but it does inhibit Advance Practice Nurses from starting up a small business."
- Quality health care
Excerpt: "My goal is for New Jersey to have a good supply of well-trained doctors, nurses, therapists, and home health aides. If elected, I would advocate for women's health initiatives, increased training for home health care workers who serve the elderly and disabled, and continuation of the State's programs which help seniors pay for their medications."
- Water is wealth
Excerpt: "Unlike my opponent, I am deeply committed to keeping the Highlands Law strong. Allowing new construction on our ancient watershed lands is clearly short sighted and unwise."
- An earlier version of Hart's website included the following campaign theme:
- Eliminating bullying and date rape
"An investment of just three hours of Physical Empowerment Training for New Jersey high school students will dramatically reduce bullying, molestation and rape by teaching students to avoid trouble and deal effectively with aggressive persons."
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Hart ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 26. Hart was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. She was defeated by incumbent Joe Pennacchio (R) in the general election on November 5, 2013. 
|New Jersey State Senate, District 26 General Election, 2013|
|Republican||Joseph Pennacchio Incumbent||65%||35,772|
|Democratic||Avery Ann Hart||35%||19,250|
In 2013, Hart's endorsements included the following: 
- The Sierra Club
- New Jersey Nurses Association INPAC
- New Jersey Women's Political Caucus
Hart and her husband, Paul, have two children. They currently reside in Kinnelon, New Jersey.
Hart serves on the New Jersey Board of Nursing. She is also the founder of Kinnelon Conserves, a grassroots environmental group focused on energy conservation and environmental education. 
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Avery + Hart + New Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Campaign website
- Facebook page
- Twitter page
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates", Accessed April 15, 2013
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Avery Ann Hart for Senate, Accessed September, 2013
- ↑ Avery Ann Hart for NJ State Senate, "Issues," retrieved September 3, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," September 9, 2013
- ↑ Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 5, 2013
- ↑ Sierra Club, New Jersey Chapter, "NJ Chapter's State Legislative Endorsements", Accessed September 3, 2013