For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Ballotpedia's 2012 General Election Preview Articles: Arkansas Congressional Seats
By Ballotpedia's Congressional team
|Arkansas's Congressional Elections in 2012|
|U.S. Senate Election?||U.S. House seats||Possible competitive races?|
LITTLE ROCK: Arkansas: Arkansas has four U.S. House seats on the ballot in 2012. Three of the four incumbents are running for re-election, all of whom face at least one challenger in the general election (100%). All three GOP incumbents are expected to easily win re-election.
In Arkansas's 4th Congressional District, Democratic incumbent Mike Ross chose to retire rather than seek re-election. The open seat is expected to be picked up by Republicans. Tom Cotton (R) faces Gene Jeffress (D) in the general election. In addition, Green Party candidate Joshua Drake and Libertarian Bobby Tullis are seeking election to the seat.
Currently, the Republican Party holds three of the four Congressional seats from Arkansas. According to race ratings by the website RealClearPolitics, Arkansas's 4th District is the 6th most likely district in the nation to switch party control in 2012. If it does switch, Republicans will hold every congressional seat from Arkansas.
Here is a complete list of U.S. House candidates appearing on the general election ballot in Arkansas:
- Candidates running by District
- Partisan breakdown by district
- Comparison of new and old redistricting maps
|District||General Election Candidates||Incumbent||2012 Winner||Partisan Switch?|
|1st|| Scott Ellington
|3rd|| Steve Womack
|4th|| Gene Jeffress
| Congressional Redistricting Map, approved April 2011
For more information, view Redistricting in Arkansas.
- 2012 elections review: Two incumbents defeated in Arkansas primaries May 23
- 2012 elections preview: Arkansas voters to select primary winners in congressional, legislative races May 21
- Ballotpedia:2012 general election preview articles
- Ballotpedia's 2012 General Election Preview Articles: Arkansas State Legislature
- November 6, 2012 election results
- United States Congressional election results, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections in Arkansas, 2012
- Arkansas elections, 2012
- National contested primary average during the 2012 U.S. congressional elections