Ballotpedia's 2012 General Election Preview Articles: New Hampshire Congressional Seats
By Ballotpedia's Congressional team
|New Hampshire's Congressional Elections in 2012|
|U.S. Senate Election?||U.S. House seats||Possible competitive races?|
|No||2||2 (1st, 2nd)|
In the 1st District, Republican incumbent Frank Guinta faces Democratic candidate Carol Shea-Porter, former representative for the district. Shea-Porter served until Guinta defeated her in 2010. Despite a redistricting map drawn to protect the Republican nature of the 1st District, the Cook Political Report rates this race as a toss-up.
In New Hampshire's 2nd District, Republican incumbent Charles Bass is running for the second time against Democratic challenger Ann McLane Kuster. After redistricting, Bass' Republican base is weaker than it was in 2010, and Cook rates this race as "leaning democratic." The 2nd District has been included in the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee's "Red to Blue List," which identifies districts that the organization has specifically targeted to flip from Republican to Democratic control. Bass defeated Kuster by less than three percentage points in 2010.
Polling place hours of operation vary in New Hampshire. In general, polling places open between 6:00 am and 11:00 am and close at 7:00 pm or 8:00 pm, Eastern Time. Voters in New Hampshire should contact their municipal clerk's office for actual polling place times.
Here is a complete list of U.S. House candidates appearing on the general election ballot in New Hampshire:
- Candidates running by District
- Partisan breakdown by district
- Comparison of new and old district maps
| Congressional Redistricting Map, approved May 2012
For more information, view Redistricting in New Hampshire.
- Ballotpedia's 2012 General Election Preview Articles: New Hampshire State Legislature
- Ballotpedia's 2012 General Election Preview Articles: New Hampshire State Executive Officials
- Ballotpedia:2012 general election preview articles
- November 6, 2012 election results
- United States Congressional election results, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections in New Hampshire, 2012
- New Hampshire elections, 2012
- National contested primary average during the 2012 U.S. congressional elections
- Daily Kos, "NE, ME, and NH Redistricting maps" accessed October 27, 2012
- Cook Political Reports, "House Race Ratings, October 25, 2012" accessed October 27, 2012
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- DCCC, "Red to Blue 2012"
- vote411.org - Voting In New Hampshire
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2010 Clerks" (dead link)