Ballotpedia:The BP Review/August 18, 2009/Ballot news
|Vol. 1, Issue 4: 8/18/2009||Ballot measure news|
- Sen. Susan Collins plans to stay neutral on Maine same-sex marriage
- Washington R-71 donor names to be made public
- Gay rights strategist Chad Griffin asks that ACLU, others not be allowed to intervene in federal lawsuit challenging Prop 8.
- Leading marriage equality groups want a 2012 repeal effort in California...2010 off the table.
- Today is election day for the Seattle Plastic Bag Tax, Referendum 1, 2009. It's also the deadline for local ballot measures in Colorado in a local-ballot landscape that is shaping up with some potentially lively local ballot measures.
- Ballotpedians have started a chart to assess the degree of information available on California county election websites about local ballot measures.