Ballotpedia:The BP Review/September 29, 2009/Ballot news
|Volume 1, Issue 7: 9/29/2009||Ballot measure news|
News about ballot measures
Just as quickly as Fall arrived, the ballot measure debates are heating up! Controversies, television ads, debates are on the rise in various states across the country. The November 2009 election, however, isn't the only point of interest for voters; petitions for 2010 are already being filed.
Statewide ballot highlights include:
- Maine's 2009 school consolidation measure is at the forefront of debates this month.
- Maine's Question 1, 2 and 4 are some of the state's hottest issues. Recent polls, released this month, for Question 1 reveal that it's going to be a close call. Also this month, recently released television ads have caused controversy regarding the truthfulness of the campaigns.
- Ohio's Casino Initiative, Issue 3 received support from the Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson.
- Looks like Washington's R-71 will be returning to court regarding signature privacy.
- Signatures filed for Oregon tax hike referendum
- Florida 2010 personhood amendment approved for circulation
- South Dakota 2010 secret ballot measure petition dropped
- Gay marriage supporters in California file Prop 8 repeal measure by deadline
...More ballot headlines here!
- On the local ballot measure front, voters in Kentucky and Wisconsin are voting today, including on one of the more-than-one-hundred local recall efforts we're tracking. Check back here for results!