(Redirected from Ballotpedia:Uploading images)
|Glossary of terms|
|Edit review process|
- Before you upload an image at Special:Upload, read the image use policy.
- Most images you might find on the Internet are copyrighted and are not appropriate for uploading to Ballotpedia.
- If you did not create the image you want to upload, or if you are unable or unwilling to verify its copyright status, do not upload the image.
- For ideas on how to find images you can upload, read the finding images tutorial.
- Log-in to your Ballotpedia account.
- Go to the Upload file link in the toolbox which you can find in the left-hand links rail no matter what page you are currently viewing on Ballotpedia.
- Or, go to Special:Upload.
- You will then see a "Browse..." button, which will bring up your operating system's standard file open dialog.
- Choose the file you want to upload.
- The system will fill the name of that file into the text field next to the button.
- In the "summary" field, include information about your rationale for uploading this image.
- Press the "Upload file" button to finish the upload.
Add an image to an article
- Type [[File:Image name|thumb|Caption]] where you want the image to appear.
- Image names are case-sensitive.
- See Ballotpedia:Images for more information on adding images to articles.
A simple video explaining the process