Ballotpedia:WikiProject School district guidelines/Intro
This style guide describes how to add the Intro section to a school district page on Ballotpedia.
The introduction to the school district page should briefly summarize the essential information about the district. It should always cover the following:
- The name and location of the district
- The number of students enrolled in the district
- The number of schools in the district
- The relative enrollment size of the district compared to other districts in the state
If desired, additional information can be included in the introduction. This can include information about the district's overall budget, or any particularly interesting facts about the district. If there is a developing news story in the district, a brief reference to the story can be included at the end of the introduction, and a link can be added below it directing readers to the issues section of the page.
'''GENERIC NAME SCHOOL DISTRICT''' is a [[STATE school districts|school district]] in [[STATE]] that served #,### students in ## schools during the YEAR-YEAR school year.<ref name=enrollment>[http://nces.ed.gov/ccd/elsi/tableGenerator.aspx ''National Center for Education Statistics,'' "ELSI Table Generator," accessed MONTH DAY, YEAR]</ref> This district is the [[Largest school districts in the United States by enrollment|##-largest by enrollment]] in the state of STATE.
Arlington Central School District is a school district in New York that served 9,471 students in 12 schools during the 2011-2012 school year. This district is the 19th-largest by enrollment in the state of New York.
- See also: Buffalo Public Schools, New York
Buffalo Public Schools is a school district in New York that served 32,723 students in 58 schools during the 2011-2012 school year. This district is the second-largest by enrollment in the state of New York. In the 2013-2014 school year, the district budget totaled approximately $794.0 million.
Buffalo Public Schools has experienced significant tumult in recent years, culminating in the resignation of Superintendent Pamela Brown on June 16, 2014.
- See also: Issues in Buffalo Public Schools
- School board elections portal
- School board elections WikiProject page
- School district writing guidelines
- Election overview writing guidelines
- School board member and candidate writing guidelines
- Image category writing guidelines