|Transparency grading process|
- Main article: Evaluation of Maine city websites
Last rated on October 15, 2012
- Current budget is posted.
- Elected Officials
- Contact information for Bangor City Council members is posted.
- Administrative Officials
- City staff is listed on the Web site, along with contact information.
- Building Permits and Zoning
- Zoning and permits are available.
- Audits are posted.
- Contract information is available.
- Local Taxes
- Tax information is posted.
- Budgets for the past 3-5 years are not available.
- If the county engaged in lobbying actives or if it's a member of government lobbying associations are not disclosed. Nor is the total cost lobbying activities or membership dues for associations available.
- Public Records
- No ability to request public records through the Web site. A telephone number for the city clerk's office is available, but no personalized email.
In June of 2010 the city council voted to increase the property tax rate by 15 cents for every $1,000 of property value, bringing the total to $19.20 per $1,000 of property value. Six cents of the increase comes from the municipal side, 5 cents from the school department’s share and 4 cents is represented by an increase in Bangor’s share to Penobscot County.
In June 2010, the city council approved a budget for $45.5 million budget by a 5-4 vote.