California Banning Lobbying gifts to Legislatures (2008)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
Initiative 1245. (07-0010) or the Banning Lobbying gifts to Legislatures was an initiated constitutional amendment that would have forbidden legislators from accepting anything from:
- Entities that are members of trade associations
- Entities that are or have been engaged in lobbying during the preceding year
- Lobbying or Lobbyists
This initiative would have required public funds to reimburse expenses for legislators who participate in a public policy meeting, conference or symposium funded, in whole or part, by a lobbyist, lobbying firm, lobbyist employer or trade association.
This measure would have had no significant fiscal impact according to the Legislative Analyst Office.
- List of California ballot propositions
- Laws governing the initiative process in California
- California 2008 ballot propositions
- Campaign finance requirements for California ballot measures
- California signature requirements
- Petition drive deadlines in 2008