|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 42A|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Yarusso served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Civil Law|
|• Education Policy|
|• Energy Policy|
|• Environment and Natural Resources Policy|
Yarusso's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Jobs & the Economy
- Excerpt: "Working with employers and universities to create new, innovative jobs"
- Excerpt: "I am in favor of a single-payer, comprehensive health plan for all Minnesotans."
- Excerpt: "The legislature has an obligation to fund public schools. Deferring payments to school districts has forced some to borrow money, in effect shifting part of the cost of the state's deficit to local school districts."
- Excerpt: "A respect for human rights is one of the most fundamental principles of our nation. We should always keep this as one of our highest priorities."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014.
Yarusso won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 42A. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Russ Bertsch (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 42A, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Yarusso is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Yarusso raised a total of $36,307 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 17, 2013.
|Barb Yarusso's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State House, District 42A||$36,307|
|Grand Total Raised||$36,307|
2012Yarusso won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Yarusso raised a total of $36,307.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Barb Yarusso's campaign in 2012|
|42nd Senate District Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$5,000|
|Yarusso, Barbara (Barb) J.||$1,000|
|Minnesota Electrical Workers State Council||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$36,307|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Barb + Yarusso + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- "barbyarusso," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Yarusso, Barb." Retrieved July 17, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |